Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Break at Work


                       I enjoy my new job, we get so many kids in that are so entertaining. We even had one playing peek-a-boo with one of our customers today. I think she enjoyed it as much as the little girl did. Her smile was bright as she continued to play with this little tyke. As I joyfully watched this interaction I got to thinking about all the people who asked me, "Do you really want to work with kids? Their so annoying." My to them was, and still is, yes.

                      During my lunch break that day I remembered a verse from scripture about little kids. Pulling out my phone I looked it up. Matthew 18:1-5 is one of my favorite verses about children. Each of my Grandfathers believed that a child was to be seen and not heard, which hurt me dearly when I had so many things to share with them. I drew comfort from this verse, it encouraged me to know my Heavenly Father loved to her me. Why do we hurt those we should love the most?

                      As I continued to read I realized why I love children so much, I was once just like them once. I love to hear them because of their sweet laughter, their small wonder filled voices. My sister was told after the birth of her second son that he would probably never speak. The day we heard that gruff sound coming from his throat was a day of tears and praise. As I cried I remembered my childhood and the many times I was told to be quite or go away. The thoughts that followed those were, "Why wasn't my voice cherished when so many will never be able to speak?", or "If only my Grandfathers knew how lucky I was to even have one."

As I look for my answers to my friends every question I find other things to share with him. We are all God’s children and he longs to hear from us. To spend time with us. Now when I see a child I cherish the joyful sound that comes out of their mouth, for it reminds me that I am a child in God’s sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment