Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Terrible Cold
This past weekend I was sick in bed with strep, which is in my opinion worse than the flu. As I lay on my bed, head pounding, throat throbbing, I tried to read my Bible. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t stay awake long enough. So instead I found myself praying as I drifted off to sleep. Even though prayer isn’t a part of my 30-day challenge, it still gave me that connection with my Heavenly Father that I so desire to have.
Prayer is a must in any Christians life, for it is a conversation with your best friend, your God. It is an intimate act that unites you with Christ and should be private, Matthew 6:5-6. I enjoy my time in prayer more than I do anything else. I can share anything with him and know he will never betray my trust. Many of my struggles I have taken to my Lord in prayer and have felt his presence with me, his loving encouragement.
I have noticed that as I carry on with my challenge that my prayer life has grown as well. I didn’t anticipate the many lessons I would get out of this, the changes I have made and intend to make. To think I learned all this due to a cold that kept me in bed during a beautiful weekend. God truly works in mysterious ways.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment